When you have a lawn, you most likely understand the importance of having a durable versatile mower. Depending on your preferences, you can either choose an electric or gas lawnmower. Both options have their pros and cons. Ryobi and Ego mowers are the craze in the estate, but which one of them should you choose for your lawn?
Both Ryobi and Ego lawn mowers are reliable, versatile, and durable. They are very similar in many ways, and you would naturally be spoiled with a choice between the two. Perhaps considering the pricing is the only way to choose between the two.
However, the price tag on Ego lawn mowers is far from being ridiculous. If you choose to invest in this lawnmower, it will give you good value for your money. You will also enjoy many years of experience. However, if you are working on a shoestring budget and must still get a new lawnmower, it would be wise to consider Ryobi.
It is up to you to decide which lawnmower is your favorite one based on some crucial factors for you. We have compiled comprehensive information on both Ryobi and Ego land mowers to make it easy for you to pick one. They are both golden geese, so you will not regret investing in either. Find out more about them below.
Ryobi Lawn Mowers
Ryobi is one of the most popular lawn mower brands. Their products are considered some of the most innovative and versatile tools. They are a staple for every homeowner with a lawn. These mowers are quiet, reliable, and lightweight. Unlike most relic lawn mowers out there, those are smooth and easy to operate.
Most Ryobi lawnmowers’ designs have steadily climbed up the ladder of success and gained popularity over the years. Plus, most of them come with a two-year warranty. The company itself is ostensibly one of the best and most trustworthy across the industry.
Ryobi Lawn Mowers: Key Features
These self-propelled lawn mowers have a lot to offer. Manufactured in the United States, these cordless machines show a high resistance. They are a perfect solution for all types of gardens. They are designed to mow almost anything unwanted on the lawn. They come in various designs and features, thus adapting to everyone’s needs and wants.
Here are the versatile key features of all the Ryobi lawnmowers.
- They are flexible and the height settings are easy to adjust. You get five different height settings to choose from, meaning that you can start as short as ¾ inch and up to 3 inches. You can adjust the mower machine to any height you are comfortable working with. You will also love the 1 ¼-inch deck.
- These mowers are very easy to store as they are collapsible and can be folded to fit even a minimal space in your store. If you have spacious storage, you can also keep it the way it is. However, if the mower is battling for a spot with 10 other machines, you should perhaps consider folding it away.
- They are lightweight and very easy to push around the lawn without unnecessarily breaking a sweat. Plus, they only weigh 26 lbs. and can be operated by an 8th grader. Their surface is 2.6 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches.
- The package includes a grass collection box. Unlike relic mowers from the ‘80s, you don’t need to improvise a grass holder from the bathroom basin anymore. The grass collection box is big enough to hold lots of mowed grass.
- They use both 4Ah and 5Ah batteries, which come separately. However, they are easy to install in the lawnmowers. Besides, these mowers are easy to assemble and disassemble.
- They are foldable and collapsible to occupy minimal space in the storage, unlike most other brands’ products, which you must store as is.
- They are easy to assemble and disassemble. Unlike most other types of machinery, you do not need a manual or demo video to put the machines together.
- Their small, flexible shapes make them easy to maneuver in smaller corners. Unlike big chunks from the ‘70s, you will not have to haul over to the other side of the garden as the entrance is smaller.
- You do not need to purchase a separate grass collector. All are inclusive in the box and are spacious enough to hold lots of grass.
- They are affordable compared to most other top-tier brands. This asset comes in handy, especially if you are working on a small budget.
- They are lightweight and easy to operate and push around the lawn. If you are a handywoman, you will no longer need to rely on a lawnmower because you can’t push your mower.
- The adjustable height is both interesting and makes the machines versatile. With such, they can be used by anyone, regardless of their height. All you need to do is adjust the machines to the height you are most comfortable with.
- They do not come with a battery and charger, meaning that you must purchase these two essential items independently.
- The machines are limited to only 4Ah and 5Ah batteries. The battery can supposedly last up to 30 minutes. Therefore, they must be regularly charged.
- The grass box is not as big as advertised. Although, it is enough for a tiny garden. But if you are living in a vast estate, you might have to reconsider your options.
- These machines do not work well in a thicket of grass. If you love leaving your lawn or garden bushy, those machines aren’t for you. In such cases, look at other options.
A perfectly conditioned lawn is what every homeowner dreams of and a reliable lawn mower is essential in making this dream a reality. If you want to get a lawn mower that is of good quality and will last for years, you need to purchase it from the right place. Here are 7 best places to buy a lawn mower. Happy shopping!
Ego Lawn Mowers
These unrivaled lawn mowers will neither give weeds nor grass a chance. They are a stallion on the lawn and ravage and mow any vegetation on their way. They are specifically designed to trim, edge, and tame any unwanted vegetation in both your garden and lawn. Perhaps you should give a chance to these self-winding trimmers and see how convenient they are.
These machines pride themselves on being the world’s first self-winding trimmers. Besides, these mowers are known for their longer running times. Once you start ravaging those weeds and grass in the lawn, there is no need to stop to recharge. Finally, they are extremely easy to operate, assemble, and disassemble.
Ego Lawn Mowers: Key Features
If you love peace and quiet while working outside, you will love these noiseless machines. They are self-propelled and allow you to grab a thing or two without breaking the work. They also tackle a lot. These mowers can raze down even the toughest grass without a blink. They are worth every cent and are the holy grail for every homeowner.
- They can work up to an hour without taking a break when the battery is fully charged. Thus, always make sure that it is 100% charged before starting mowing.
- These self-propelled machines offer various speeds depending on what works best for you. They can work at a speed of 0.9 to 3.1 mph, which is perfect according to any seasoned mower.
- The height can be adjusted between 1.5 to 4 inches, making these machines versatile and easy to use.
- Their 21-inch decks are small enough to allow the machines to maneuver through small spaces and tight corners.
- They are fitted with bright LED lights. Therefore, you can work in the dark.
- They feature a single-handed height adjustment.
- Their rust-free body and construction are weatherproof.
- They are adjustable and foldable for easy storage. This will especially work well for you if you have limited storage space.
- They come with a 2-bushel grass collection bag. They are easy to access and provide enough space to collect a meaningful amount of grass.
- These machines operate quietly, meaning you don’t get to be irritated every time you mow. They can produce up to 25 decibels, just like a washing machine. They are less disruptive than their counterparts, which is especially appreciated in quiet neighborhoods.
- They are easy to maneuver, especially through tight corners and small spaces, all thanks to the 21-inch deck.
- They weigh less than their competitors and are easy to push around the lawn without working too hard. Indeed, these machines weigh around 63 lbs., making them easy to heave off the ground when necessary.
- Most relic mowers that use gasoline to power themselves can harm the environment. On the other hand, these machines are eco-friendly, thus making them a cleaner alternative for the neighborhood.
- Their lithium fuel gauge battery has a longer running time than most popular brands, more specifically, a whopping 60 minutes. That is enough energy for a fairly large lawn.
- These machines are all weather-resistant. They can withstand extremely cold and wet seasons without rusting. They also work well in the warmer seasons of the year.
- They feature two convenient grass collection bags, meaning that you will not have to improvise a bag to collect grass or buy an extra one.
- Their foldable design makes them easy to store after each use. If they have to battle for space with other tools in the garage or storage, the compact folded size will make things easier for you.
- They feature adjustable, variable speeds. You can choose between mowing slowly or at an average speed. If you are in a hurry and want to get mowing over with, consider the fastest speed.
- The self-propelled handle is not as perfect as it sounds. It can be flimsy and is not seem as durable as the rest of the machine.
- The machines can be problematic when working on thick bushes of grass. Instead of pressing down on the grass, they tend to bounce off the ground. This can cause accidents, unevenness, and injuries.
- The grass-collecting bags are not as big as they should be. Although they are perfect for small lawns, if you live in a big castle, you should perhaps consider other options to sort out this issue and avoid frequently emptying the bags.
- Ego lawn mowing machines are super pricey. If you are working on a tight budget yet are still looking at popular brands, this is not the right fit for you.
Differences Between Ryobi and Eco Mowers
Comparing these two giant brands is not an easy task. They are the best from the best. They both have aces and a flip side, like every coin has two sides. However, the cons are minors. You could easily get past them. Unless, of course, you are attentive and critical to the tiniest of details.
- Lawn Mowers Running Time
There is a vivid difference between the two machines when it comes to battery life. The Ryobi lawnmower either uses a 4Ah or 5Ah battery, equaling a running time of 25 to 30 minutes.
On the other hand, Ego lawn mowers use a 56-volt battery, which corresponds to a 7.5Ah battery. Clearly, Ego lawn mowers steal the day when it comes to battery life and running time while in working mode.
We sometimes scramble so much for the cheap option. In this quest to save a few bucks, we forget that cheap is still expensive at the end of the day. Compared to other popular brands, these two are a little pricier due to the quality of their products. Thus, if you want value for your money, you should be looking at them.
Self-propelled Ryobi lawn mowers are a bit more affordable than Ego’s. They are the go-to option if you are working on a shoestring budget. The volt 20’’ brushless mower costs $399, which is obviously a workable budget.
On the other hand, the self-propelled Ego 21” price tag will blow your mind, unless, of course, you want quality over price and the price tag is your last worry. You will have to part with a whopping $549 to acquire such a machine. However, expensive is not really expensive until you’ve tested it.
- Charging Time
The charging time of a lawnmower matters a lot, especially if you are a busy bee and are strapped for time. These two lawn mowers offer different charging and cooling times. On the one hand, you will have to wait 45 minutes for the Ryobi lawnmower to cool down before charging it. It will take another three full hours for the battery to be fully charged and ready to use.
This waiting time might not be ideal for most people, especially those who don’t have time in their hands. That is where Ego lawn mowers steal the day. Indeed, this brand does not require any cooling time. Their mowers are designed with a fan that automatically fulfills this task.
Its 7.4Ah battery will only take a meager 60 minutes to fully charge, meaning it is three times faster than the Ryobi in this regard. On the flip side, the Ryobi lawn mower can still be a good option if you have two hours to spare.
The performance of a machine is above everything else. You want to invest in a machine that will give you nothing but a sterling performance. The Ryobi lawn mower can run through tall bushy grass without any glitches. According to a run test conducted to compare both models, this machine did only 14 passes on the grass.
On the other hand, it took the hyped Ego lawn mower 41 passes for a clean slate in the run test. On the bright side, it didn’t experience any hitches and demonstrated more power and agility, perhaps because of the stronger build or powerful battery. Either way, it worked to its advantage.
If you have a lawn mower at home, storing it in the right place is part of its proper maintenance. Although a garage can be a good place for storing it, is it safe to store a lawn mower in a garage? Read our article to find out.
Should You Choose a Ryobi or Ego Mower?
What you choose between these two impressive machines solely lies in your hands. They are both good in their unique ways and both present shortcomings as well. If I were you and I had a smaller lawn, I would simply go for the Ryobi lawnmower. It is way much more affordable, and it seems perfectly designed for small-scale mowing.
On the other hand, if you have a huge castle with vast lawns, I would suggest reconsidering your choice. The Ego lawnmower can perform better in this kind of environment thanks to its running time and battery. Meanwhile, you’d to spend a lot of money on Ryobi’s extra batteries and chargers for it to compare in this scenario.